What's new in beta-20160915?
CockroachDB beta-20160915 is now available. You can download the updated binaries here.
- CockroachDB is now built with Go 1.7.1. #9288
- CockroachDB no longer requires Git 2.5; the minimum supported version is now 1.8. #9325
- Fixed an inconsistency that could occur when two conflicting transactions were assigned the same timestamp. #9100
- Nodes with multiple stores now export metrics in a format that works with Prometheus. #9322
- Improved concurrency of Raft processing so snapshots and replica garbage collection do not block other ranges. #9176 #9299
- The rebalancing system is now more tolerant of small imbalances, making the range distribution more likely to reach a steady state. #9230
- Reduced memory used by debugging traces. #9258
- Ranges now become responsive sooner after startup. #9276
- Removed an internal timeout that caused unnecessary retry loops. #9234
- Try harder to ensure that the range lease and raft leadership are co-located. #8834
- Reduced memory used by Raft. #9193
- The consistency checker now uses less memory when an inconsistency is found. #9159
- The internal replica queues can now time out and recover from a replica that gets stuck. #9312
- Removed a redundant verification process that periodically scanned over all data. #9333
- Added docs for deploying CockroachDB on AWS. #640
- Added a “back to top” feature to improve the usability of longer pages. #638
- Updated Start a Local Cluster to suggest manually setting each node’s cache size to avoid memory errors when testing against a local cluster in a serious way. #652
- Updated docs on transaction retries to provide the correct error code. #647
This release includes 66 merged PRs by 17 authors.
The Cockroach Labs Team