What's new in beta-201601006?
CockroachDB beta-20161006 is now available for download, and all installation instructions have been updated to point to the new release.
There aren't many user-visible changes in this week's release - an artifact of our recent stability efforts, which funneled user-visible changes to a secondary development branch. Our concerted stability effort is nearing its end, and we are preparing to include these features in next week's release.
Help Make CockroachDB Better
We’re scheduling 60-minute usability interviews next Thursday, Oct 13. Please complete this short questionnaire if you'd like to participate, and we will be in touch.
For the interviews, you will:
- Join our appointment remotely via Google Hangouts or GoToMeeting.
- Allow us to record the audio session for internal use only.
- Receive CockroachDB swag as a thank you from us.
- Nodes now periodically exchange their configured maximum clock offset and exit fatally if they find another node operating with a different configuration. #9612
- Internal low-level instrumentation has been added for debugging performance bottlenecks. #9638
- General improvements have been made to the tracing infrastructure. #9641
- Updated various aspects of the CockroachDB design document:
The Cockroach Labs Team