CRDB Upgradation

HI,

We are planning to upgrade CRDB from version 19.2 to the standard version, please suggest to me what is the current standard version and it is possible to upgrade directly from v19.2 to the new standard version.

Thanks,
Raj

You must step through each consecutive major version in order to upgrade to the latest major version. Consult the upgrade docs for best practices. Consult the releases page to determine the latest release. Currently, the latest releases are 20.1.13 and 20.2.7. You’ll need to first upgrade all nodes to 20.1.13 and finalize that version before proceeding to 20.2.7.

1 Like

Hi @ajwerner

Could you please share with me the administrator documents also development for the upgrade V20.1.13 → 20.2.7

Its not visible for the v20.1.13 in upgrade

Thanks
Raja

Can you clarify the question. I don’t understand what you’re asking for. The docs correspond to the major version. Nothing has changed regarding these docs between 20.1.13 and 20.1.14.

Hi Team,

Prior discussing on the upgrade v20.1, I would kindly request you enlight me on the version different from 19.2 to 20.1 and also furnish related administrative and development documents (if applicable) .

Please confirm me the stable version of cockroachDB which we need to upgrade to.

Thanks
Raj.

Hi Raj, it sounds like you are looking for What's New in v20.1.0 | CockroachDB Docs. The latest production release is v20.2.8 which can be found on Releases | CockroachDB Docs which Andrew shared above.

1 Like

Hi Team,

We are planning to upgrade from v19.2.6 to 20.1.15 and then 20.2.5. Is it possible to rollback from 20.2.5 to 19.2.6 in case of any issue ??

Thanks,
Raj

Once you’ve finalized the release, you cannot rollback to a previous version. So it’s recommended that you turn-off auto-finalization, and finalize the upgrade manually after you’re confident there are no major issues. Each upgrade doc walks you through how to turn-off of auto-finalization and how to finalize the upgrade once you’re ready.

For 20.1, the decide how the upgrade with be finalized section and the finish the upgrade section discuss the steps for finalizing the upgrade to 20.1.

The rollback instructions are in the same step as the “finish the upgrade” instructions:

If during this time you decide to roll back the upgrade, repeat the rolling restart procedure with the old binary.