If the first node dies, all query will be hanged until the first node starts again.
Is it correct? I tried like below.
- start Node1. (cockroach start --insecure --store=… --host=… --port=… --http-port=…)
- start Node2 with --join option.
- terminate Node1 (“Connection to CockroachDB node lost” shows up on admin site)
- connect to Node2 with psql and query. *(hang)
- Start Node1 with no --join option (Same as 1) and query returns as soon as Node1 up.
If this is correct, it seems a bit SPOF. I checked when all node down, I can change the first node(main node), but is it possible to change the main node at runtime or automatically change if trouble occurs on main node?