You are not using the words correctly. There is no such thing as “create replications” and “be partitioned to 3 nodes”. Also your usage of the word “datum” is suspicious.
You must really work on your vocabulary – all these words/terms matter!
- “replica” - synonym “one copy of the data”
for example: “When you insert a value into node 1, the database will create a replica on node 2 and node 3”
- “database”, definition 1 - a container for relational tables and views
for example: “The TPCC benchmark uses one database with 6 tables.”
- “dataset” - a collection of databases and their contents, to support a given application
for example: “The TPCC benchmark defines a dataset” or “Before you can start the TPCC benchmark, you must load the TPCC dataset into the CockroachDB cluster”
- “database”, definition 2 - a dataset of one database (database + table + contents)
- “datum” - the intersection of a particular row and column in a table
- “partition”, definition 1 - an arrangement of a set of datums in sub-sets so that all datums are contained in one sub-set and no sub-set overlap; see this definition on Wikipedia
- “partition”, definition 2 - one of the sub-set of a partitioned set
- “partition”, definition 3 - one of the sub-set of the rows in a partitioned table
Your questions above are all confused because you have mixed the words together. It makes it very difficult for me to understand your questions.
Please rephrase using the proper words, then we can answer your questions.