There are four sources of documentation talking about CockroachDB’s architecture and internals:
- Architecture Overview and detailed for various layers
- design.md in source code
- CockroachDB technical notes
And 2. says:
It may not always be completely up to date.
So my understanding is that
1. is a high-level description and much more updated.
2. is more oriented to open source contributors and slightly outdated. So if I want to know more details, I still need to read
2. even though it is outdated.
Is my understanding correct?
And I think that it will help new open source contributors a lot if there is a guide about how to use the above four sources of documentation.