Import from 4GB Postgres DB

Hi All,

I created the Serverless CRDB cluster and tried to import some Postgres DB, here is the error I’m getting:

E211020 00:24:17.512529 1 1@cli/error.go:399  [-] 1  pq: failed to read file info: userfile-reader-info: in-mem temp storage: disk budget exceeded: 9074480 bytes requested, 101462963 currently allocated, 104857600 bytes in budget
ERROR: failed to read file info: userfile-reader-info: in-mem temp storage: disk budget exceeded: 9074480 bytes requested, 101462963 currently allocated, 104857600 bytes in budget
SQLSTATE: 53100
Failed running "import db"

Is there anything that I need/can to correct on my end?

Hello! We are investigating this issue, but we don’t believe it’s anything on your end. I’ll update this thread when we have something more concrete to pass along.

Thank you for reporting!

Hello!

As my colleague Lauren mentioned, it’s a problem on our side. I’ve been looking into this issue, and currently I’m quite confused why the query marked as “userfile-reader-info” would use any disk space at all. Would you be comfortable providing us with the reproduction steps? If there is no confidential information, then it’d be great if you opened an issue at https://github.com/cockroachdb/cockroach/issues; if there is any confidential information and you’re ok with sharing it with me, you could send the instructions to yahor@cockroachlabs.com.

Cheers, Yahor