Metrics to know if a particular key data is > 64M and data is spread across multiple range

Hello,

Is there any metrics which can help us understand if key data has reached 64MB, and is spread across multiple ranges?

Can we use rocksdb sst_dump to get each sst file metrics?

Hey @mshah,

Each table in a database gets it’s own range, if you wanted to see a breakdown of the number of ranges per table, you can find that int he Admin UI at this endpoint, HOST/#/databases/tables.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ron

We have 3 table. A is parent to B, B is parent to C. We have created secondary indexes for table B and C. Would all the data for a given primary key reside in 1 range. Meaning if I insert data in A, B and C for a primary key, would all the data be in 1 range. How can I determine, when I execute a select, data is being fetched from single range or multiple ranges?

Hi @mshah,

If you have 3 interleaved tabled in the way you’ve described all data for a primary key would reside in the ranges for table A or whatever the top level ancestor is, however any data for the secondary indexes on B and C will reside in their own ranges if they haven’t been interleaved into the table A,

As for determining what ranges data is being retrieved from you can use SET TRACE in order to see what ranges are being queried.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ron