What’s New in v19.2.0-rc.4
November 8, 2019
Yesterday we released v19.2.0-rc.4. Included in this release we have SQL language changes and bug fixes.
To download the release click here.
SQL language changes
- CockroachDB now uses the zig-zag join algorithm only in cases where it can benefit performance. #42186
- Added the
sql.defaults.zigzag_join.enabledcluster setting, which can be used to control the default value of the
enable_zigzag_joinsession variable and, thus, whether zig-zag joins are allowed. #42182
- The error message generated when a transaction containing DDL is both partially committed and partially rolled back (
XXAOO) now contains a link to GitHub issue #42061 where this situation is discussed further. #42090
- CockroachDB now supports GSSAPI authentication from Postgres 11.5 and 12.0 clients. #42189
- Fixed a "cannot map variable to an indexed var" error for certain queries against partitioned tables. #42183
- Fixed "output columnTypes unset after planning" and "inconsistent post-processing" errors for certain queries involving
UNION ALL. #42184
- Fixed an "invalid indexIdx" error for certain queries involving zig-zag joins. #42182
This release includes 6 merged PRs by 3 authors.