Yesterday we released v19.2.1. Included in this release you will find SQL language changes, command-line changes, bug fixes and performance improvements.
To download the release click here.
Release Notes for November 25, 2019
SQL language changes
Dropping a unique index that was created with
CREATE UNIQUE INDEXno longer requires the
- The vectorized execution engine now supports the
TIMESTAMPdata types. #42414 #42416
- The vectorized execution engine now supports
IS NOT NULLoperators. #42433
- When restarting a node, CockroachDB now provides a hint to ensure that all
cockroach startcommands include the
- Reduced the likelihood of out-of-memory errors during histogram collection. #42370
- Fixed an out-of-memory error that could occur when collecting statistics on tables with a string index column. #42380
- Fixed some casts from
OUTER HASHjoins are now executed correctly via the vectorized engine when
NULLvalues are present. #42438
- Fixed a bug in the
crdb_internal.encode_key()built-in function that could cause
SHOW RANGE FOR ROWstatements on tables with dropped indexes to return incorrect results or an error. #42461
- Prevented memory leaks when counting rows during
./cockroach debug check-storecommand is now faster. #42150
- Improved statistics estimation during query planning for columns with many
This release includes 12 merged PRs by 8 authors.