April 2, 2018
This is the first release candidate for CockroachDB v2.0. All known bugs have either been fixed or pushed to a future release, with large bugs documented as known limitations.
- Improved the Node Map to provide guidance when an enterprise license or additional configuration is required.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
The Cockroach Labs Team
Admin UI Changes
- Improved the Node Map to provide guidance when an enterprise license or additional configuration is required. #24271
- Added the available storage capacity to the Cluster Overview metrics. #24254
- Fixed a bug in
RESTOREthat could lead to missing rows if the
RESTOREwas interrupted. #24089
- New nodes running CockroachDB v2.0 can now join clusters that contain nodes running v1.1. #24257
- Fixed a crash in
cockroach zone lsthat would happen if a table with a zone config on it had been deleted but not yet garbage collected. (This was broken in v2.0 alphas, not in v1.1.) #24180
- Fixed a bug where zooming on the Node Map could break after zooming out to the maximum extent. #24183
- Fixed a crash while performing rolling restarts. #24260
- Fixed a bug where privileges were sometimes set incorrectly after upgrading from an older release. #24393
This release includes 11 merged PRs by 10 authors. We would like to thank all contributors from the CockroachDB community, with special thanks to first-time contributor Vijay Karthik.