CHANGEFEEDs created with previous betas and alphas will not work with this version. #29559
- The experimental, non-recommended
kv.allocator.stat_rebalance_thresholdcluster settings have been replaced by an improved approach to load-based rebalancing that can be controlled via the new
kv.allocator.load_based_rebalancingcluster setting. By default, leases will be rebalanced within a cluster to achieve better QPS balance. #29663
SQL language changes
- Renamed the
EXPERIMENTAL_OPTsession setting to
OPTIMIZER. The default value is
ON, as before. #29530
- Special characters, such as newlines, are now formatted using
octal, instead of
hex, for compatibility with PostgreSQL. #29593
cockroachclient sub-commands (except for
cockroach workload) now support the
--verbosityflags, which were documented as being only useful by CockroachDB developers yet never actually used by CockroachDB developers. #30092
Admin UI changes
- Long table rows now wrap, when necessary. #29551
- Diagnostics requests are now proxied through Cockroach Labs to prevent exposing user IP addresses. #29194
- Added attributes to the login form to allow LastPass to properly recognize it. #29561
- Custom and regular charts now have the same width. #30083
- Improved the UX of the Custom Chart page, and added the ability to configure multiple independent charts. #30118
- Improved the design and accessibility of tooltips. #30115
- Various improvements to the Statements pages. #30115
- Simplified and cleaned-up the appearance.
- Added statement retries.
- Right-aligned all numeric stats.
- Added more tooltips, including for the By Gateway Node table on the Statement Details page.
- Improved tooltips by adding a legend detailing the parts of the bar chart.
- Highlighted summary rows.
- Improved table headers.
- Reordered tables to highlight the most useful data.
- Widened bar charts.
- When a statement fingerprint has sometimes failed, used the optimizer, or been distributed, the number of matching executions is now shown.
- Fixed a bug that would allow the cluster summary text in the Admin UI to overflow its space. #29548
- Corrected the behavior of
INSERT INTO t DEFAULT VALUESwhen there are active schema changes. #29496
- Fixed a race condition in
IMPORTwith a column that was a collated string. #29386
- Fixed crash caused by certain kinds of
UPSERT ... RETURNINGstatements on tables with active schema changes. #29543
CHANGEFEEDs now error when a watched table backfills (instead of undefined behavior). #29559
- Fixed a panic that occurs when verbose logging is enabled. #29534
- Fixed a panic caused by inserting values of the wrong type into columns depended on by computed columns. #29598
- Fixed an issue where, under severe load, clients were sometimes receiving retryable errors with a non-retryable error code. #29614
cockroach gen haproxycommand now recognizes nodes that specify the HTTP port number using
- Fixed a panic in SQL execution. #29669
- Fixed a panic caused by malformed UTF-8 SQL strings. #29668
- Corrected the Postgres
oidtype returned for collated string columns. #29674
CHANGEFEEDs now correctly skip the initial scan when started with the
- Hash functions with
NULLinput now return
- Prevented a very rare premature failure in
CHANGEFEEDs caused by a race condition with range splits. #30009
- Fixed a crash when
SELECT MIN(NULL)was run with the SQL optimizer enabled. #30014
- Fixed a rare crash with the message
retryable error for the wrong txn. #30046
- Fixed a bug where certain queries, like merge joins, would appear to run out of memory due to incorrect memory accounting and fail. #30087
string_agg()function can now accept a
NULLas a delimiter. #30076
- Range replicas are now automatically rebalanced throughout the cluster to even out the amount of QPS being handled by each node. #29663
- Prevented allocation when checking RPC connection health. #30055
- Updated the description of correlated subqueries. More updates coming soon. #3714
- Update the description of
cockroachclient connection parameters. #3715
- Added documentation of the
publicrole, which all users belong to. #3722
- Update the Diagnostics Reporting page with a summary of details reported and how to view the details yourself. #3737
This release includes 87 merged PRs by 23 authors. We would like to thank the following contributors from the CockroachDB community:
- Sankt Petersbug (first-time contributor)