Support search_path JDBC URL parameter

With introduction of user-defined schemas it would be great to have support of search_path in JDBC URL parameters. Currently in v 22.2.2 it is silently ignored; neither it is listed in documentation as supported one.
There are some actions one could take in their apps like spring.datasource.hikari.schema=custom_schema in application.properties but they are obviously very specific (“using springboot+hikari” in the example).

Hi! I’m interested to learn about what you are seeing. This works for me when I test with the command line tool. Can you provide steps to reproduce what you saw?

❯ cockroach sql --url 'postgres://root@localhost:26257?sslmode=disable&search_path=public,my_schema'
#
# Welcome to the CockroachDB SQL shell.
# All statements must be terminated by a semicolon.
# To exit, type: \q.
#
# Server version: CockroachDB CCL v20.2.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin14, built 2020/11/25 14:50:01, go1.13.14) (same version as client)
# Cluster ID: 61537a12-4784-4840-9163-83aae9a1d186
#
# Enter \? for a brief introduction.
#
root@localhost:26257/defaultdb> show search_path;
    search_path
--------------------
  public,my_schema
(1 row)

I see “org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation “person” does not exist” trying to select from person table without any qualifiers.
It is from my custom springboot/jdbc/mybatis app, not from the cockroach command line tool.
So in this (springboot) connection search_path does not work for me:
spring.datasource.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:15432/ra_db?search_path=ra&ApplicationName=ra
And exactly the same search_path approach worked for PostgreSQL.